Top 5 Favorite Halloween Treats October 31, 2014 14:26
It’s the holiday we’ve all been waiting for! Costume parties, trick-or-treating, and lots and lots of candy! It doesn’t get any better than this. Whether you have kids, are a kid, or wish you were still a kid, you can most definitely get excited for Halloween.
Here are some quick, last minute recipes that I absolutely love for Halloween!
1. Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats
4. Green Slimed Popcorn
– 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
– 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
– 2 tbsp light corn syrup
– 2 heaping cups miniature marshmallows (or 12 large)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 6 drops each green and yellow food coloring
– 8 cups popped popcorn
– Place butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a 3-quart sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
– Remove from heat and add marshmallows and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
– Add the green and yellow food coloring to create desired color.
– Put the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the “green slime” marshmallow mixture over the popcorn. Stir with a large spoon until coated. Cover until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container.
5. Spider Cookies
– Chocolate chip cookie dough
– 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for decorating
– Preheat over to 375F.
– Bake cookies. Make sure there are chocolate chips on the top for decorating spiders. If not, feel free to add some. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they start to brown.
– While the cookies are cooling, place the extra chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, taking out and stirring each time, until they are melted and smooth.
– Place the melted chocolate in a piping bag with a small, plain tip. You can also use a small decorating squeeze bottle or even a sandwich bag with the corner cut out.
– Pipe a head and legs onto some of the chocolate chips. That’s it! Allow the chocolate to set completely before storing.
I hope you all enjoy these wonderful recipes! Get your kids or friends involved to make this a family affair!
Feel free to share pictures with us if you make any of these recipes. Enjoy your Halloween and be safe!